Here are my goals and resolutions for 2016! Wow, 2016!
1. Get pregnant – I know that sounds like an odd goal. But it’s on the top of my list for 2016. We are likely only having one more child and I’ve always thought my children would be close in age. Since my misscariage, getting pregnant is all I can think about. I’ll be 36 in March and my husband will be 41 in July…I’m ready to get this show on the road and have another child. I’m not particularly looking forward to being pregnant, but I am anxious to have another child in our lives.
2. Teach yoga – I stopped teaching yoga a few months before Gwen was born in 2014 and I’m itching to get back into it. I’ve actually already taken a step towards making this happen and will be teaching a class on Tuesday at 6 am as a trial run at a studio down the road.
3. Finish the scrap book – I started a scrap book eleven years ago when an Australian friend and I drove around the United States for a month. We journaled the entire trip. I had vowed to her that I would copy the journal and send it to her. I had started creating something much bigger than just copying it and never finished it. Each year I say it’s the year, but never finish it. Will this be the year? Let’s hope so.
4. Be kind, be patient, be positive and be happy – life is pretty good overall. I can’t complain about it much, but there is always room to be kinder, more patient, and more positive. I stole this one from my husband as he mentioned it the other day for himself. It’s a solid way to be and I think we can all appreciate this resolution.
5. Keep writing – I know I’m not the greatest writer, but that’s not why I write. I write because I wanted to leave something for my daughter to read later in life. The goal of writing everyday started because I began journaling old school style (pen and notebook) after Gwen was born, but couldn’t keep up with it. So I came up with the goal of writing everyday for a year and it worked. And even though some nights I find it painful to say something…to say anything, overall I really enjoy it. I’m not going to make myself write everyday, but I would like to keep up with it.
Peace and love. Happy New Year!