I’m interviewing on Monday and Tuesday for an internal position at my company. I haven’t interviewed in four years! I’m out of practice and nervous.
I’ll be interviewing with four execs that I’ve worked with on various minor projects before, but don’t really know all that well. The position is a step up, more focused, but it could have it’s issues as it’s a newly created position.
Between now and Monday, I need to:
- Update my LinkedIn profile to reflect my newly updated resume
- Re-read the job description and think and pull out strength and examples that reflect it
- Re-read my resume and jog my memory on specifics from past jobs so that I can intelligently comminicate how my experience will map to the role
- Prepare a list of different questions for each of the execs
- Block off my calendar to write thank you emails for post interview
- Mentally prepare
- Find two interview esque outfits in my closet